Tamil Nadu, India.
Mail ID: email@example.com
Mobile - 94440 78778; 91766 78778
Dr. Kaliraj holds his PhD in biochemistry- immune technology. He has a teaching experience of 32 years. He has guided 70 B.Tech / M.Tech & MS thesis and also guided 42 PhD thesis. Dr. Kaliraj also has an industry experience of 6 years in Span Diagnostics, Surat; obtained recognition for Ph.D. for industrial research from South Gujarat University. Being a researcher he has more than 92 scientific research publications with 70 conference proceedings along with being a Chief Editor, Coordinator & Contributing author of the book on Biotechnology (Science and Technology Encyclopedia series, Tamil version).
Dr. Kaliraj successfully completed 16 individual projects, Departmental funds- DST-FIST, DBT-BTIS, DBT-M.Tech teaching programme, UGC-DRS and Institutional Funds- TEQIP (Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme) from World Bank & MHRD.
His achievements include:
- Developed many diagnostic products and biochemical test kits both while in Span Diagnostics and in Centre for Biotechnology; Established the first platform and prototyping facility for infectious diseases and other diagnostics in Technology Business Incubator of the Centre
- Industrial consortium with more than 100 members at Centre for Biotechnology to enable industry-oriented curricula, teaching and research experience for students
- Industrial collaboration in revenue earning mode was successfully accomplished through product commercialization. Based on this model the Centre for Technology Development and Transfer is remodelled.
- Established Centre for Biotechnology, one of the best rated biotech teaching and research institutions offering 7 popular UG/PG/Ph.D. programmes that are popular
- Helped start such biotech institutions in Tamil Nadu and other States; Centres of Excellence programmes worth several crores of rupees from different funding agencies
- Infrastructure and quality improvement of Alagappa College of Technology, Anna University under TEQIP grant of 5.2 Crores; Best innovation and Best practice awards for the programme
- Smooth merger of Anna University of Technologies and infrastructure development;
- Successful centralized conduct and evaluation of semester exams and result publication for all constituent and affiliated colleges to ensure uniformity in higher education quality
- The first Convocation after the merger conducted in time
- Coordinated the proposal for Vision 2023 to get lead partnership position from the Government of Tamil Nadu for programmes worth Rs. 3950 Crores.