BE (Electrical Engg.), ME (Computer Engg.), Ph.D- Thesis submitted, Defense awaited.
Acting Principal, Vidyalankar Institute of Technology
Prof. Seema Shaah has teaching expertise in Computer related subjects, Grid Computing, Management (Leadership) and Teaching Methodologies. She is full time teaching (Graduate and Post graduate 20.5 yrs): Presently she is the Acting Principal, Vidyalankar Institute of Technology. Earlier she was Assistant Professor, Computer dept., Don Bosco Institute of Technology, along with Head, Dept. of Electronics, Premlila Vithaldas Polytechnic, SNDT aprior she was lecturer, Electrical Dept. VJTI. She has arounf 4.5 years of Industries experience. She was Senior Faculty, handled Training and Competency role at Patni Computers Systems Ltd. She has the Professional Membership:
• Life membership: ISTE- Indian Society for Technical Education, IWSA: Indian women scientist Association, HEF: Higher Education Forum.
• Annual membership: CSI: Computer society of India; IEEE, WIE
Amongst her major achievement includes:
Professional & major Achievements: Scholarships/ Awards:
• HEF and Microtechnologies Best Teacher Award for Outstanding Contribution to Teaching and Research in Engineering , Teacher’s day felicitation, 2011.
• Guided UG Projects which have won International and National Best Project awards.
• Felicitation by Crime Prevention Bureau, May 2007 as a part of ‘Crime Free Society’ for assisting Anti Corruption Bureau in nabbing an accountant taking bribe red handed.
• Best Paper Award, All India Meeting of Women in Science; November, 2004. Paper: titled ‘Intelligent RAM- Memory that Computes’.
• Best Polytechnic Teacher Award, Maharashtra State-2001 by ISTE.
• Best Teacher Award -2000, by Rotaract Club, Sion.
Her contribution towards Publications includes:
• Title ‘ Distributed Computing’ published by Oxford University Press
• Authored titles: Operating Systems, TY B.Sc. Computers, System Study and UNIX programming TY B.Sc. Computers, Operating Systems, Computer Organization and Architecture by Vipul Prakashan . Parallel Computer Architecture for ME Computers, Software Testing for BE IT by Nanadu Publication.
• Authored Information Technology books for Std X, XI- Science and Commerce, XII-Science and Commerce for Reliable Publications.
• Several articles in The Journal of Engineering Education.
• Articles in ‘Global Colors of Indian Youth’- Published by Vishwa Samvad Kendra, Mumbai, 2009.
• Published many Technical papers in various International and National Conferences in the area of Grid Computing, Shared Memory, Processor architectures, Teaching Learning processes, Virtual Classrooms, Knowledge Management, HR related etc.
Others research related work includes:
• Participation in/ Conduction of Seminars/ Conferences/ Workshops (Technical and Non Technical).
• Reviewer for Technical Papers at International and National Conferences and for National Journals.
• Project guidance for M.Phil, M. Tech (Computers, IT), B.E. (Computers, IT), Diploma curriculum.
• Association with Social programmes / Organizations